Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Singularity of Kumiko-Opens February 14th, A New Bryn Oh Immersive Exhibit

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Immersiva/16/104/21


Byn Oh by Kara 2
On February 14th, 2014 Bryn Oh will be opening a new immersive environment called "The Singularity of Kumiko" at Immersiva.  I think this is possibly my favorite Bryn exhibit.  I'm not completely sure why but it might have something to do with the dark.  It's definitely dark.  I don't want to give the story away yet, so I'll give some info. I think will be helpful in enjoying the experience. 




  * The artwork requires specific settings to be installed and Bryn has the setting info. clearly explained at the landing.  It still took me a bit to get it just right but I got it and it was worth setting the lighting up right.  I'm just techy slow, so if I can do it anyone can.


* Watch out for Mr. Zippers.  The info. provided at the sim actually gives all the tips and info. you need to know but this bit about Mr. Zippers is very real.  This crazy hooks-for-hands rabbit on wheels can kill you and send you home (no permanent damage).   If you see him coming just run.  It's fun to run in the dark anyway.  You can easily escape, but if you don't run he will get you.


*Do NOT wear a face light.. I repeat.. do not wear a facelight.  Bryn's notes suggest leaving the facelights off as the sim is intended to be dark with most important scenes and areas lightly lit, and you also get a free head lamp at the start that helps.  Some facelight Nazi's will complain though as they do have a right to enjoy the sim in the intended darkness I suppose, but I will admit I did turn a facelight on for pics of some more obscure areas with a bit more lighting and for easier navigation.  In retrospect I probably could have just switched light a bit lighter when I wanted to get a few lighter shots and a good cam on the overall sim etc. But I did love running around in the creepy dark dark sim looking for stuff. It really does set the ambiance.


*Wander all over the mainland area and try to pick up the bottled messages in the order they are numbered but as Bryn said, it's ok if you wander off the beaten path in the dark like I did and come across the notes/info. and scenes out of order. I just wanted to be sure I saw everything and got all the info. The info is numbered, its written and verbal at locations and so I was able to wander around and get all the info.  before I headed up some big stairs for the next scene of the exhibit.


*To assure optimal enjoyment without lag, Bryn has limited the sim to 10-15 avatars at a time. So on opening day, it's possible you might have to wait your turn to get in.  If you can't get right in, keep trying or even another day, as you REALLY do NOT want to miss this. 


*There is a new Bryn doll to pick up for free if you find it.  (Seen in the 2nd to last pic on this post)



*Try not to get so overly excited with it all that you miss the story and details in the notes and info. given, as that really does enhance the experience.  I think I might have adult onset ADD though as I wanted to see it all, right away, so much so that even though I read the notes (ok glanced at them) I still had to look back to even just see how to enter the exhibit area. This is one exhibit to slow down and savor.  Enjoy.
BrynMr.Zippers.jpg by Kara 2
(Mr. Zippers.... watch out for this one!)
Byn Oh by Kara 2

(The entry with a little extra light.)
Byn Oh by Kara 2

Byn Oh by Kara 2
Byn Oh by Kara 2
Byn Oh by Kara 2
Byn Oh by Kara 2

(Bryn)
Byn Oh by Kara 2


Byn Oh by Kara 2
So, yes I took a lot of pictures and I have a lot more, but no worries, there is a ton more stuff to find and see including the end, than what is giving away in these pics.  No spoiler alerts... this is one you have to see for yourself.  Have fun... I did. I'm sure I'll go back, but it will be later after others have a turn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment