Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Date with Flat Rodvik Linden

I went out on a little mini-vaca RL and came back to see Berry's Flat Rodvik Monday Meme. See here: http://strawberrysingh.com/

 This is right up my alley.  I have done the Flat Stanley in RL and actually sent out a whole laminated family of 4 in different directions 2 of which traveled the world, one stayed within the states and the 4th,  bless his paper heart, never returned home.  I have some cool photos and stories out of that little experiment.     If you are not familiar with the Flat Stanley story and didn't read Berry's blog, it's basically a kids book of a flat boy that easily travels around, since he is flat, and has adventures, and often school classes or individuals do something similar and send out a flat likeness/think paper doll, to go from friend to relative or just with someone as they travel and they take pics of this flat paper doll on their travels, often in front of historical landmarks, with groups of people, and doing fun things with their travel companions. 

rodvik_001 by Kara 2Berry's meme this week is to take her flat Rodvik Linden (free on SL Marketplace here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Flat-Rodvik-Linden/5142523) around and show him a good time in SL and blog about the experience.  I decided to make a date of it, since I don't have a SL boyfriend or travel companion really, and Rodvik seemed to be the perfect opportunity to blog about my "perfect date" in SL.  Berry took him out on the town, so why shouldn't I?  He is very agreeable and doesn't talk too much.  He went right along wherever I wanted him to go.  He didn't complain about anything at all. 
rodvik_002 by Kara 2












I like to be a little active and play games etc.  I couldnt' find anyone playing SLictionay which is one of my fav SL games I bought on Marketplace and sometimes give as gifts (here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BB-Black-Board-with-SLictionary-Game/2061124 )
so, instead for our first stop I took him bowling. I enjoy a fun opening to an evening and it's great to see how competitive a person is.  We went over to Paradox Bowling: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mournful/128/128/37 for a quick game.  I was a little disappointed he wasn't up for keeping score.  And while I'm great at carrying on a conversation for hours, he was a little quiet for me, and I didnt' get to know much about him at all, except that he could use a new outfit for his birthday or some occasion.  His rez day is Jan 11th, just for the record.   So my warm up activity maybe didn't suit him. 

We tried out some paintball in the cool explore in Stacatto, but again, Rodvik just could not run fast enough to suit me, maybe he just wanted some quality time with me, but he was hard to read : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Staccato/128/128/22
 

I like to move along in SL so we teleported over to some live music over at The Roof. Noma was singing with Vincent playing and there were literally 81 avatars present plus Rod who didn't count. hehe. Ling always has a large crowd for live music Mondays and Wednesdays.  I really just wanted to dance, but again, Rodvik must be taken or gay, because no matter what I tried I just could not catch his eye.  He did loyally stand by me all night though.  The Roof here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//172/167/50rodvik_003 by Kara 2

 I wanted to go out formal dancing but gave up on that though since Rod seemed pretty tired and wasn't moving too much other than when I moved.


Then I thought perhaps I'd take him out exploring a little.  I figured maybe he's not a talker and just wanted to relax. I heard the 13 Calas Galadhon sims are all closing August 1st, probably/hopefully reopening in early September,  but I heard they will be losing at least four permanently: Bay of Balfalas, Belegaer, Sea of Nurnen and Eryn Vorn.  So we went over there: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mirromere/128/128/32.  The music and scenery was so lovely  If you want more info. about the closure and issues you can read more about it here:  http://calasgaladhon.com/

rodvik_003 by Kara 2


Finally I took Rod home to show him my house, and I hoped for a cuddle in the hammock or something, but still he resisted, so I gave him a house tour. Not actually the best date ever after all.   I tried.
rodvik_004 by Kara 2









And finally... something weird happened.  There is a tiny chance I did get him wet in the pool and fed him a snack after midnight.  I lost track of time. Sorry Berry. Time to sleep. Or maybe I already was dreaming.
rodvik_007 by Kara 2

5 comments:

  1. Rod needs new glasses. He obviously can´t see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you got him wet and fed him after midnight??? LOL, now we're screwed!
    Loved the post, so funny. hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have Flat Rod exterminators? You're going to need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, hilarious. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, well we had a good time really : ) Thanks everyone for the comments.

    ReplyDelete