Sunday, April 14, 2013

Giant Snail Races-Game On!

Untitled by Kara 2

Untitled, a photo by Kara 2 on Flickr.

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Devon%20Dream/128/128/40

This is something I've always wanted to do in SL, but haven't gotten to it yet.  The Giant Snail races are held each Saturday at 11am.  You can watch some of it here: http://treet.tv/shows/snailraces  I have attended before once a long time ago and found it to be hillarious.  The giant wildly decorated snail avatars race around a obstacle course.  There was some lag in the past which just made it even funnier and the commentary was great.  I look forward to seeing in now in this new setting.  I tp'd into the main entrance here and found all the snails, decorations, gestures, accessories, links to helpful sites when making your snail etc., are all free for the taking.  They have small and giant free snails so I just took it all in hopes of getting back to actually race some day and if not at least return for a few giggles and entertainment. The signs indicate the area is open for practice too, so I can at least get back for that, even if I am not free on a Saturday at that time for a while.   I actually did decorate a medium size snail and race it a couple of years ago in a different setting and it was funny too.  Check it out some time.
                                                                (the curent course)
Giant Snail Race Course by Kara 2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment