Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feed the Good Wolf

Dear Diary,
Yes, here I am writing to you about basically the same whiny ass stuff I usually do. It comes from the singularly SL bipolarity that sometimes sets in. In my RL I think I'm ok. But I've noticed a fellow blogger that I love to follow has had some good recent posts about such things as well and the comments were reassuring that I'm not alone. I suppose some of the higher profile people such as herself get more negative blog or inworld feedback too on top of the positive, as there are always going to be party poopers somewhere. I had to comment back that I do think some of the insecurities come from the fact that SL is a online game set designed to conceal RL identifies if desired and being as such it's very easy for people to hide, play on alts and otherwise misbehave and no one can find out. After a while of this it's easy to be suspicious and read more into things that often probably should be. Then again I know avatars who tell me they time and time again fall for partners who cheat on them with alts, hit up on their best friends etc. and they fall hard every time over and over. I don't know what is worse being guarded having ongoing suspicions, jealousies and imagining things that may or may not be true or going with the flow until things come to light causing major heart aches and breaks in huge chunks.

Anyway, so this fellow blogger was doing some positive self talk which I think is a great idea. Then today the BOSL group drop down sent by Mr. Mills labeled "A Nice Story" came through saying this:

One evening a man of many years told his grandson about a battle inside people.

He said, "The battle is between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment...

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy..."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and asked:

"Which one wins grandfather?"

Grandfather replied...."The one we feed."

And so Dear Diary, that little anecdote is a nice reminder for myself and apparently others to feed the Good wolf. I'll try. Thanks for listening.
K.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment